[Social Media Marketing Secrets] Secrets to Social Media Success – Tip #14 – Share Behind the Scenes Footage
Jul 3rd 2012 · by Deborah Cole
Tip #14 – Share Behind the Scenes Footage
This is one of the funnest social media success tips that I’ve given advice for celebrity clients – the clients that have TV shows and it’s a huge thing where people see the show, they see the series on TV, but they never get beyond that.
This is a really fun tip for them, but it also really works for the average Joe or the business owner that is out there in the public eye, especially if you’re a musician, if you’re a doctor, if you’re doing anything where you’re in the public eye, they kind of want to know a little bit more about you. You know, who are you and what are you really about?
And if you do have any video presence, like if you have a popular YouTube video, and you provide some really cool tips or videos. Or if you’re a musician or an artist and they see your music video. So when you tie into this tip, number 14, and offer additional video footage, this is the stuff they love. They feel special and feel like they’re ‘in the know,’ and they’ve got that VIP access. They really feel like they get to know you on a personal level.
And the secret to social media success tip that we’re talking about here is: Share Behind the Scenes Footage.
So, it can be in the form of a post, sharing from the heart like, “Hey, you know when I wrote this song, this is what I was thinking.” And you just share and you talk about it.
If you do a recording in audio, they get to hear you. They get to hear your tone of voice. They really feel like they get to know you and, in fact, they do! It’s like having a personal conversation with one person except it’s reaching thousands of people at the same time with the same amount of effort.
So, video is a great way to do this as well, especially if you have…like if I put out videos that are out there on the net or on TV, if you’re a celebrity, a great way to do behind the scenes video footage, bloopers are one of the best things that people love. And they’ll watch again and again.
Because it’s like, “Ooh, this is the stuff I would not normally see because it’s not polished. It’s stuff you try to hide. It’s like a secret, right? And you just have this intrigue in our society about, like, what are people hiding? What are the things you don’t see? What are the things that people do to prep to show that awesome image?
Oprah Did It
Oprah did that in her magazine a couple of years ago and she had this whole, several page footage of her behind the scenes literally in the back studio prepping for the show, like how she looked in the morning with the rollers on and no makeup on and what they did to make her look presentable on TV.
And she wanted to show, like, “Hey, this is, you know what? I don’t wake up looking this good. It takes a little bit of effort and it takes a whole team. And so here you see everything that we do.”
So let’s say you’re not in the public eye as a celebrity, but let’s say you’re a doctor. You have a professional image. Well, obviously, you don’t want to have a blooper of you trying something out. But you can have the behind the scenes footage of how you prep for clients coming in. Maybe there’s research that you do. Anything where they see that you’re in your office, moves that they don’t necessarily see because they just walked into the patient office.
Maybe you’re a chiropractor or a cosmetic surgeon or you’re a dermatologist and they just go into specific rooms. Right? But if they see you in your office or maybe they just had one consult with you and then they never really go back there, put footage there of you sharing something or how you prep for clients or how you learn, how you educate yourself. What resources do you have? Anything that you can share. The things you do for your clients that they normally never see and don’t know about but you to communicate that. That’s a great way for you to boost your credibility and for them to go, “Oh, that’s how this all works.”
So think of things that you can share with them that you normally don’t have the time for or maybe you feel it’s not appropriate to have that conversation with your client, but you can share that from your office, from your heart, in some behind the scenes footage.
It may even be as simple as you going out in t he public, maybe it’s your favorite restaurant, just really getting to know you on a personal level. So, share from the heart. Share behind the scenes, in other words, when you’re not in the office. When you’re not there, what they normally see, show them what they don’t see, what they couldn’t see. That’s the secret voyeur in all of us. We want to know you’re doing when you’re not working. We also want to know the process you go through when you are.
So that is Tip #14 - Share Behind the Scenes Footage
Articles in This Series
- Secrets to Social Media Success – Tip #1 – Engagement
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #2 - Ask Lots of Questions
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #2 continued - Ask Controversial Questions
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #3 - 'Like' the Comments That Your Fans Post
- Secrets to Social Media Success – Tip #4 - Tag Relevant Influencers
- Secrets To Social Media Success - Tip #5 - Comment On Other Peoples' Posts (OPP)
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #6 - Have contests that are meaningful
- Secrets to Social Media Success Tip # 7 - Provide True Value
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #8 - Contribute to Charitable Causes and Share with Your Followers
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #9 - Share Educational Content
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip # 10 - Use Pictures in Every Post
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #11 - Use Video in Your Posts
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #12 - Separate Your Email, Using a Separate Email Address to Manage Your Social Media Accounts
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #13 - Post Controversial Questions
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #14 - Share Behind the Scenes Footage
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #15 - Have Your Own Blog with Your Opt-In Form That You Own
- Secrets to Social Media Success - Tip #16 Quickie Tip - Throw Myths on Traditional PR Out the Window
|Psssst! Check it out…
Get behind the scenes interviews, exclusive webinar invites and special "How-To" videos for the latest Apps in Social Media and hear about the Hottest Trends directly from the CEOs and Founders!
Sign Me Up Now!